Sunday, March 4, 2012

Which method of sword handling should I use for Dragon Age Origins: sword and shield or two handed?

My character will be a warrior. I plan to have my character's strength as the highest attribute. I also plan to give my character the best armor and weapons as well. I want to give my character massive armor sets. I want to be able to do a good amount of damage, but also a good amount of defense as well. Which type of sword handling should I choose: sword and shield or two handed?Which method of sword handling should I use for Dragon Age Origins: sword and shield or two handed?
In my estimation, you should have at least 1 meatshield tank in your party. Because of the vast amount of enemies they pit against you (often times ranged/bowers), you'll need someone absorbing all those arrows. If you have Allistar as your main tank, he can be that meat shield and you can be a 2 handed weapon guy. Otherwise, if you do not have Allistar in your party, I would say to go the sword+shield route. You only need 1 main tank. So take your pick. It is actually disadvantageous to have 2 sword+shielders in your party cause they simply can't dish out much damage. But if all you have is damage dealing 2-hand weapon people (like Sten) as your tanks...you're doomed to failure. So, as a final analysis:



(1) Have Allistar as your sword+ shielder and YOU be the 2-handed warrior or...

(2) Have Sten (or another NPC) as your 2-hand warrior and YOU be the sword+shield warrior.



The choice is pretty much yours and this game allows having all these NPCs in your party to give you the choice. Sword+shielders are good meatshields, can dish out decent damage, but if you want a damage dealing tank you will take 2-hander (at the expense of the defense a shield gives). You should have at least 1 main tank with a shield, but the choice is yours.Which method of sword handling should I use for Dragon Age Origins: sword and shield or two handed?
Just use sword/sheild and get the talent tree stuff for it lol



Two handed swords are slow and just annoying to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment